Safety at UNI

Criminal Charges


UNI Police (24 hours)

Cedar Falls Police (24 hours)

Reports to police can generally be made without pursuing charges. Filing criminal charges with the police does not equal filing a complaint with the University and vice versa. For more information about this process, please visit

Crime Victim Compensation Program

This program may help individuals who have suffered personal physical or emotional injury from a violent crime with certain out-of-pocket expenses resulting from the crime. For more information about this program, please visit

To apply, please fill out the online form. 

Phone: 515-281-5044

Toll-Free: 1-800-373-5044